Hey everyone!! For those of you that don’t remember, last year I decided to start The Book Blogger Awards, which are exactly what it sounds like– blogger awards exclusively for book bloggers. I was honestly so humbled and amazed by what a big response I got last year (see the winners here) and so I decided to continue the tradition and host the 2nd Annual Awards!!
I can’t wait to see who you all nominate, and find tons of new book bloggers to add to my reading list 🙂 Just read the rules below and get started!
How it Works
Round 1: Nominations
- When: April 1st-April 30th
- What: During the month of April, you have the opportunity to nominate bloggers for each category. To do this, you can make your own post (preferred) or simply comment below with your nominations. If you’re commenting, PLEASE KEEP IT ALL IN ONE POST. For those of you writing your own posts, comment the link below or make sure there’s a pingback.
- Why: This is your opportunity to make sure all of your favorite bloggers are recognized! The blogosphere is huge so it’s important that you contribute to make sure everyone has a chance.
Round 2: Voting
- When: May 6th- May 13th
- What: The 4 bloggers with the most nominations in each category will move onto the Twitter voting round. On May 6th, I’ll post a Twitter poll for each category, and you’ll all have a week to vote. After the polls close, I’ll be deleting them immediately so that you hopefully won’t all see the results 🙂
- Why: Support your nominee!! Help them build their Twitter platform!
- When: June 1st
- What: An entire blog post dedicated to the winners, complete with all the rave reviews each winner received.
- All of the nominees MUST BE BOOK BLOGGERS (that’s the point). However, you do not have to be a book blogger to nominate others. As long as you read book blogs occasionally, you can vote.
- You may nominate up to 3 people for each category.
- Please make sure that the bloggers you nominate for each category actually fit that category. On that vein, make an attempt to nominate DIFFERENT bloggers for each category, if possible. There might be some overlap, but there’s so many bloggers out there that deserve recognition, so spread the wealth.
- In your nominations, please include the blogger’s name and a link to their blog. If you tell me “Jess” writes the best reviews ever, I’m not going to know for certain who you’re talking about, and so she won’t get notified.
- To reiterate, you can nominate people by writing a post (PREFERRED) or in the comments below. Tag your nomination posts with #bookbloggerawards2018 and link it back to this post / post the link in comments to make sure that I see it.
- Best Pre-Teen/Teen Book Blogger (13-19)
- Best Adult Book Blogger (20+)
- Best Book Blogger from an Underrepresented/Minority Group
BEST GENRE BLOGS
- Young Adult
- Middle Grade or Younger
- Science Fiction / Dystopian / Fantasy
- New Adult / General Adult
- Literary Fiction / Classics / Poetry
- Mystery and Thriller
THE BEST OF BOOK BLOGGING
- Best book reviews
- The Master of Weekly Features (top 5 wednesday, waiting on wednesday, top 10 tuesday, etc)
- Best Book Recommendations
- Prettiest Bookshelf
- Best Discussion Posts
THE OTHER STUFF
- Most Engaged in the Community
- Blog Aesthetic
- Social media influencer
- Best personality / friendliest member of the community
- Best New Book Blogger (created blog after July 2017)
- Best Overall Book Blogger
So that’s all you need to know! Get started on your nominations!! Also, please please please help me promote this by posting on social media, linking in blog wrapups, and telling people you know about it. Awards are more fun when everyone’s involved, and I’m hoping to have just as big or bigger of a turnout than last year! Can’t wait to read your nominations!