I said it in the title, but I can hardly believe that an entire month has gone by since I last wrote one of these posts. I feel like I started the month with big plans and got absolutely none of them done, and now it’s already over! I’m a little stressed out going into the last month of the year, but I do plan on giving myself the last week of the month off from posting. That means you won’t see any content (except the l word recaps) that week, but we’ll be back and better than ever come January!
Books I Read
I kept up my high reading output this month, reading a ton of books via audiobooks, actual physical copies, and e-books. Unfortunately there were a couple of misses in this stack for me, and I found myself highly disappointed by Riley Sager’s latest novel.
- Ace Voices: What it Means to Be Asexual, Aromantic, Demi or Grey-Ace, by Eris Young (3 stars)
- Wordslut: A Feminist Guide to Taking Back the English Language, by Amanda Montell (5 stars)
- The House Across the Lake, by Riley Sager (3 stars)
- Love & Saffron: A Novel of Friendship, Food, and Love, by Kim Fay (4 stars)
- Helen House, by Kayla Kumari Upadhyaya (4.5 stars)
- Delilah Green Doesn’t Care, by Ashley Herring Blake (4 stars)
- I Am Ace: Advice on Living Your Best Asexual Life, by Cody-Daigle-Orians (5 stars)
- Daughter of the Moon Goddess, by Sue Lynn Tann (4.5 stars)
TV I Watched
This month I have been watching lots of shows that are coming out live, but these are the ones that I actually finished. The Flight Attendant was one of my favorite shows that I’ve ever seen. The Sex Lives of College Girls was so good that I’m now watching season 2 as they release episodes. I adore Modern Family, and I’ve been rewatching in the background just to have some comfort noise in the background.
- Sex Lives of College Girls Season 1
- The Flight Attendant Seasons 1 & 2
- Modern Family Seasons 1-3
Movies I Watched
tis the season to start watching Christmas movies! Most of these are just Christmas movies that I watched with my family over Thanksgiving, but there’s a couple others in there as well.
- Wendell & Wild (4 stars)
- Ingrid Goes West (4.5 stars)
- Christmas With You (2.5 stars)
- The Noel Diary (3.5 stars)
- Falling for Christmas (4 stars)
Reviews You Can Use
Sometimes, we publish reviews long after we actually consume the material. Below is a list of all of the reviews I published this month, in case you want to read some reviews right now.
- Undefeated Woman (3 stars)
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series
- Ace Voices (3 stars)
- I Am Ace (5 stars)
Posts We Wrote That You Loved
Here are the most popular posts of the month!
- “The L Word: Generation Q” Recaps– I am recapping every single episode of The L Word: Generation Q this year! I’ve already written about the first three episodes, so if you missed it, make sure to get caught up!
- A Complete Guide to Queerbaiting: Harmful Marketing, False Accusations, and People as Brands– There have been far too many celebrities that have been forced out of the closet by accusations of queerbaiting, and it’s mostly because people don’t understand what the word actually means. Hence, I wrote this essay.
- My Picks for the 2022 Goodreads Choice Awards– The Goodreads choice awards are my favorite time of year. Here are my picks for the 2022 Goodreads Choice awards, which I am updating as we go through the rounds
- Reboot Episode 1 Recap: “Step Right Up”– I also recapped Reboot this year, and you guys seemed to enjoy that. It’s a great sitcom on Hulu that I would highly recommend!
- Seven Song Recommendations Based on Your Favorite “New Girl” Character– Maxx has been on a roll with hilarious and accurate “What your Favorite __ Says about You” style posts, and I love all of them. You guys especially loved this post based on the New Girl cast
- The Common Thread Between Amber Heard, Angelina Jolie, and Olivia Wilde– It’s no secret that Hollywood, and the general public’s relationship with people in Hollywood, trends towards the misogynistic. I wrote about the way these three women are being mistreated purely because they are women.
Off the Internet
November is a weird month. It’s getting cold, and the holiday season is upon us, but it doesn’t fully hit until the very end of the month. Over the course of the month, I went to Chicago for a few days, went home to visit my family, and (most importantly) got Taylor Swift tickets!
I had a good month overall, although it’s hard to believe that we’re already going into the last month of the year!
How was your November? Tell me all about it in the comments!