Today, I’m planning on doing something that I don’t think I’ve ever done before, and that’s go over my physical TBR with all of you. Since I got home from school, I’ve reorganized my room so that my bookshelf only consists of books i’ve already read, and the shelf above my desk is filled with the books that I haven’t read, but desperately need to. Since I’ve been sitting on my bed staring at that very shelf for about an hour now, I figured it could serve as pretty good inspiration for a post. So, welcome to my physical TBR:
1. A Force So Swift: Mao, Truman, and the Birth of Modern China– I got this book through Blogging for Books, but they’ve since shut down so I don’t feel that much pressure to read and review it. I mean, I probably should, and I’ll get to it in time, but it’s not at the top of my TBR, despite being first.
2. The Communist Manifesto– Don’t ask, I found it at a book sale and was intrigued
3. Big Little Lies– I’ve wanted to read this for soooooo long I can’t even explain, but somehow I just haven’t gotten to it yet.
4. The Valley of Horses– This is the sequel to Clan of the Cave bear, and I started it but wasn’t a huge fan
5. Those Girls– I think I got this at a book sale on a class trip a couple years ago. Haven’t looked at it since
6. Firefly Lane– Kristen Hannah books are a vibe, and I just have to be feeling it before I pick this one up
7. Teatime for Firefly– I bought this at Boston Public Library (I’m coming to realize all of my books are from book sales) and cannot wait to read it
8. Kit’s Law– I’ve owned this for years, and will probably never end up actually reading it
9. The Girl in the Spider’s Web– Honestly, I’m just too afraid it’ll be a letdown to even start
10. Three Cups of Tea– didn’t this book get bashed for being fake or something? I should probably look into that before starting it
11. The Perfect Witness– I have no idea what this book’s about but it’s hardcover so that’s making it look particularly uninviting
12. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter– Why do I own this book? I do not know the answer
13. The Scarlet Letter– I reallllyyyy want to read this, but have yet to make it through the 50 page author’s note. That’s a real turnoff, just so all future authors are aware
14. A Day No Pigs Would Die– I don’t know what this book is
15. The Pigman– what’s with all the pig books?
16. The Home Team– I love Rebecca Lobo so I’m really unsure why I haven’t read this book yet
17. A is for Alibi– I only have this book because I found it in the attic and felt badly for it
18. One for the Money– the Janet Evanovich series looks good, but it’s like 30 books long so i’m intimidated
19. The Virgin’s Lover– historical fiction is a jam
20. The Queen’s Fool– so I bought all the Tudor-era Phillipa Gregory books
21. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn– I still don’t understand how I haven’t read this yet
22. The Vanishing Girls– this looks so incredible I can’t wait to read it I don’t know why I haven’t.
23. Death Comes to Pemberly– I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice but not sure why I’d want to read a spin off.
So that’s all! What books would you recommend I buy first? How many books are on your TBR? What book has been on your TBR for the longest?